• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 muzicman82

muzicman82

• 43 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:50 AM

Hi all,

I have a OWC Mercury Elite Pro Qx2 RAID Enclosure. The unit is setup in RAID5. It will not mount its single volume in Windows 8. It shows up properly as "eSATA-2 ExternalRAID" in Device Manager, but under the category "Other Devices", and I cannot get it to see a volume and mount it. It will mount via USB.

OWC swears it is an "isolated" case, but it does this on 4x of my Windows 8 machines and works in Windows 7. They also swear it is a SATA controller driver problem that Microsoft needs to fix. Perhaps, but that doesn't help me.

I know NewerTech has a USB3.0 - eSATA adapter that is under $30 or so. I could try that, though not ideal. Does anyone know of a small dongle-link adapter that will turn an eSATA drive into a NAS instantly? That would be a killed accessory. I have seen these for USB 2.0, but not eSATA.

UPDATE: Just remembered this Addonics adapter. I think I remember it but it wasn't shipping when I first found it.

Ideas?

Edited by muzicman82, 19 August 2013 - 11:54 AM.

#2 continuum

continuum

Mod

• Mod
  • 3,581 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:06 PM

Any driver or firmware updates from Oxford? (shooting in the dark here, unfortunately...)

#3 muzicman82

muzicman82

• 43 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:10 PM

The unit doesn't require drivers as Windows should just see it as a disk drive. I actually forced it to use that Disk Drive driver, and it then shows up under Drives, but no volumes mount, so that doesn't work. According to OWC, there are no firmware updates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users