SanDisk Extreme microSDXC UHS-I Review Discussion

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SR Writer

SR Writer

• 147 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:35 PM

The SanDisk Extreme microSDXC UHS-I is a memory card designed for tablets, smartphones and cameras that ships in capacities of 16GB, 32GB or 64GB and differentiates itself from other cards on the market with its robust performance. SanDisk quotes transfer rates at 80MB/s for read activity and 50MB/s for write activity.
SanDisk Extreme microSDXC UHS-I Review

#2 fallbreak

fallbreak

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

Did you measure the Random 4k R/W performance? Since that seem important id using a card like this on a phone/tablet. Thanks.

FYI:
http://forums.whirlp...s.cfm?t=1582172

#3 continuum

continuum

Mod

• Mod
  • 3,513 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:26 PM

Any chance we could get Lexar 1000x CF (in various sizes), KomputerBay 1000x and 1200x CF (again in various sizes), and Sandisk Extreme Pro CF cards (90MB/sec and 100MB/sec versions in their respective sizes) reviewed? Toshiba has some fast ones too but I believe they've been somewhat disappointing.

With the advent of MagicLantern unlocking RAW video from Canon dSLRs, the very fastest CF cards are attracting a great deal of interest.

#4 Brian

Brian

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:09 AM

Flash card testing is something we're inching back in to now that we have a little more editorial time/resources. The testing we're doing now is limited, we know, but figured it would be better to put some data out than none. We're working with the key vendors now (top sales per NewEgg/Amazon) to get all their products in and to incorporate more testing. You'll see us improve on these reviews in the coming weeks/months.

Lexar - yes, we should be able to get most of their stuff, same with SanDisk. KomputerBay we don't work with currently.

Brian

Publisher- StorageReview.com
Twitter - @StorageReview

#5 SR Writer

SR Writer

• 147 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:11 AM

Any chance we could get Lexar 1000x CF (in various sizes), KomputerBay 1000x and 1200x CF (again in various sizes), and Sandisk Extreme Pro CF cards (90MB/sec and 100MB/sec versions in their respective sizes) reviewed? Toshiba has some fast ones too but I believe they've been somewhat disappointing.

As for pending memory card reviews, we've got the Samsung Plus Series (microSD and SD) as well as the SanDisk Extreme Pro microSD, Extreme Pro CF (that you asked about) and Extreme SD.

#6 continuum

continuum

Mod

• Mod
  • 3,513 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:55 AM

ooooo, nice... good to know!!

If you could line up the Lexar and KomputerBay cards at some point, that might be very interesting to dSLR video users...

#7 SR Writer

SR Writer

• 147 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:50 AM

ooooo, nice... good to know!!

If you could line up the Lexar and KomputerBay cards at some point, that might be very interesting to dSLR video users...

Indeed. We will likely get KomputerBay in the queue here in the near future..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users