Need some help with A-data SP900 128GB SSD

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 xcomponent

xcomponent

• 3 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:02 AM

Hello, friends! Yesterday I bought this SSD and I have serious issues with it. The speed drops no matter what I do, I've aligned the partition, tried it under XP, WIN7, I tried everything I could think of. No matter what I do, this is what I get under hdtune - the speed drops equivalently placed regardless of anything I tried so far:
Posted Image
If anyone have experience with this ssd, please help.
Tried to update the firmware as well, but it seems that I have a model, that doesn't have and update at their site.
My HW specs:
GB-Z68X-UD7
tried both Intel and the Marvell Controller, AHCI, IDE, there is no change whatsoever!

Edited by xcomponent, 02 July 2013 - 07:03 AM.

#2 continuum

continuum

Mod

• Mod
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:46 PM

Is the SSD new? Or is it used? If it's used, has it been securely erased recently?

#3 xcomponent

xcomponent

• 3 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

Is the SSD new? Or is it used? If it's used, has it been securely erased recently?

Yes, it's brand new, I format it and it's aligned. Do you think I should securely erase it, though it haven't been used before?

Edited by xcomponent, 02 July 2013 - 03:55 PM.

#4 xcomponent

xcomponent

• 3 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:24 AM

Thanks buddy. I've managed to fix the issue with the spikes by securely erase it with parted magic. However, I feel obliged to warn the readers of this forum to stay off this particular drive (everything with SP900 on it). I don't think is a fake, but it's a marketing trick by A-data. The drive is 100% identical with every drive with C3G firmware in every single review. I mean visually identical - packaging, drive, e.t.c. The speeds however and the firmware of this one is different - this is with signature 28186 and 5.0.6 as FW version. It cannot be updated from their firmware signatures and It's about 50-60% slower than anything tested as SP900.
Thanks!

#5 ACTechUK.com

ACTechUK.com

• 1 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:59 AM

Thanks buddy. I've managed to fix the issue with the spikes by securely erase it with parted magic. However, I feel obliged to warn the readers of this forum to stay off this particular drive (everything with SP900 on it). I don't think is a fake, but it's a marketing trick by A-data. The drive is 100% identical with every drive with C3G firmware in every single review. I mean visually identical - packaging, drive, e.t.c. The speeds however and the firmware of this one is different - this is with signature 28186 and 5.0.6 as FW version. It cannot be updated from their firmware signatures and It's about 50-60% slower than anything tested as SP900.
Thanks!

Hi I have very similar issue to you, same drive, signature on mine is 28184, and not listed in the firmware update... Have you had any contact with your supplier or Adata about this? I have contacted both my supplier and Adata and will feedback any response here.

Here is Adata's response...

Hello,
Thank you for contacting ADATA Technology.
After checking your SSD is new version and the latest Firmware version is ver. 5.0.6.
In general the SSD Firmware will be NOT upgraded if you can not find any matching signature in compression pack.
Thank you.

Best Regards,
ADATA Technology.

Edited by ACTechUK.com, 26 August 2013 - 09:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users