RAID 0 recovery

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 andyw

andyw

• 1 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:13 PM

I have three identical 500GB disks connected in software RAID0. It makes one 1,5GB disk. I have only one partition where I installed windows system and stored some data. Unfortunately, last time when I was trying to connect to it using remote desktop system creashed and after reboot disk was broken so I can't start my system. After runnig some linux live distros I discovered that my raid has less than 1GB capacity and in software controller I can see only two disks. I was trying to do some recovery and it seems that some data can be restored even from broken disk. I wonder how to fix it to get 1,5gb back w/o loosing data. I think that some descriptros on broken disk are missings. Does anybody know how to restore it?

#2 FranciscoMaya

FranciscoMaya

• 2 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:02 PM

I have three identical 500GB disks connected in software RAID0. It makes one 1,5GB disk. I have only one partition where I installed windows system and stored some data. Unfortunately, last time when I was trying to connect to it using remote desktop system creashed and after reboot disk was broken so I can't start my system. After runnig some linux live distros I discovered that my raid has less than 1GB capacity and in software controller I can see only two disks. I was trying to do some recovery and it seems that some data can be restored even from broken disk. I wonder how to fix it to get 1,5gb back w/o loosing data. I think that some descriptros on broken disk are missings. Does anybody know how to restore it?

If you really have a RAID-0, and one disk fail, there is no way to recover complete data from only 2 good disks, because all data is fragmented within the 3 disks.

First you need to get an image from the failed disk. Your best bet is to go with one professional firm. It will be expensive but it is the only way.

Good luck...

#3 angelblue15

angelblue15

• 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:50 AM

Is there any data on the array? You may have wiped it by initializing the array. Or maybe it is booting to another device?

#4 continuum

continuum

Mod

• Mod
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:32 PM

There is a tool called RAID Reconstructor or something-- but yes, from the very nature of how RAID0 works, odds are good you're SOL since you're now missing a third of your stripes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users