• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rjms

rjms

• 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:45 PM

Hello
I have this problem with this hdd hitachi HDS721010CLA332 1TB got all my important data in and it have so far many bad sectors so this is what i have done so far to recover the data:

-i used hdd regenerator but the bad sectors still keep going
-then i have used active image to make a complete image of that partition couldn't do it get a error in the process
-used spinrite but it freezes too.
-i have used Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier, it copies the files but they are damaged mostly
-i have used also remo recover to do the image but the process takes too long...
- used linux(ubuntu) but gives an error to mount.

so far i am doing a image from Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery Software but i don't no if is gonna resolve my problem and the process is doing for weeks now still doing the image. So i have a big problem i have important data in the hitachi 1tb and i can't recover the data also i can't get access to the disk either when is connect it says "would you like to format drive i:", really appreciated some help i just want to recover the data from the disk then is going to the trash after recover the data any suggestions?

#2 Brian

Brian

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 5,443 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:08 PM

Not sure there's much we can tell you that will help. I hate to say it but this is why people shouldn't store important information on a single drive that's not backed up.

Brian

Publisher- StorageReview.com
Twitter - @StorageReview

#3 FastMHz

FastMHz

• 405 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:08 PM

Unfortunately, the data in the bad sectors won't be recoverable. You will have corrupted files. But a program like MHDD might be able to mark all the problem sectors as bad and your other recovery apps might then be able to copy the contents without freezing.

Production: Vishera 8350/32gb RAM/Dual SSD/VelociRaptor/Radeon 7750
Gaming: Vishera 6350/16gb RAM/SSD/VelociRaptor/2x Radeon 7950 Crossfired
Retro: K6-2 550/256mb RAM/160gb HDD/CompactFlash/3DFX/ATI AIW Pro/SB16/DB50XG
http://www.fastmhz.com

#4 rjms

rjms

• 2 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:37 AM

Thanks FastMHz :) i will try maybe i still can recover something ...at least

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users