Photo

I want to remove my raid 0 and use the two drives independently!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ozrica

ozrica

• 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:45 AM

I have two 500GB WD hard drives connected to a Highpoint Rocket Raid 2220 card.

Windows 7 see's them as a single E:\ drive and they are formated to NTFS.

What I would like to do is use then as single drives connected directly to my motherboard.

If I connect them directly to the motherboard they are not detected (I have tried two different boards).

I have tried deleting the array using the Highpoint interface (CTRL-H) on startup but this makes no difference.

Is there anything special I have to do?

Your help and or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

#2 continuum

continuum

Mod

• Mod
  • 3,566 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:07 PM

IIRC the Highpoint controller tags them as RAID members, you need to plug 'em back in to the Highpoint and remove them as RAID members if you want to use them on a non-Highpoint controller.

#3 FastMHz

FastMHz

• 403 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:00 PM

Connect one at a time directly to the MB, and then use a freebie such as HDAT2 or VIVARD in FreeDOS to wipe them completely, starting from sector 0...that should remove anything and everything that the RAID controller could have written, and then they'll show up as virgin blank drives after that.

Production: Vishera 8350/32gb RAM/Dual SSD/VelociRaptor/Radeon 7750
Gaming: Phenom II 955/16gb RAM/SSD/VelociRaptor/Radeon 7950
Retro: K6-2 550/256mb RAM/160gb HDD/CompactFlash/3DFX/ATI AIW Pro/SB16/DB50XG
http://www.fastmhz.com

#4 unifex

unifex

• 1 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:24 PM

alternately, and quite easy to use are any number of free linux live cd/dvd's. i use GRML or Knoppix as my rescue cd's. the utility on them is called 'dd'. as your input file youd use the zero device which on a linux system is '/dev/zero' linux cd's are useful fixing a wide variety of these issues caused by proprietary applications.

i dont think they like us to post urls to specific applications/products even if they are free but google dd for windows and you will see a lot of hits for free utilities that will wipe your disk for you from inside windows. rawrite studio is one of them.

Connect one at a time directly to the MB, and then use a freebie such as HDAT2 or VIVARD in FreeDOS to wipe them completely, starting from sector 0...that should remove anything and everything that the RAID controller could have written, and then they'll show up as virgin blank drives after that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users