• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin OBrien

Kevin OBrien

StorageReview Editor

• Admin
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:56 AM

The Seagate 600 SSD is a performance-focused 2.5-inch MLC NAND client SSD in z-Height 5mm and 7mm form factors with a capacity up to 480GB that is primarily designed as an upgrade for laptop users who are gamers, enthusiasts or road warriors or simply need the drive for read-intensive applications. Additionally, as an SSD with no moving parts, there is less of a disk failure risk if users accidentally drop their laptop. Primarily though, Seagate developed the 600 SSD with performance focused on reducing wait times; its boot speed and load times are 50% faster than traditional HDDs. As far as endurance goes, the Seagate 600 SSD offers up to 40GB of data written per day for a maximum of 72TB written over its 3-year warranty period.

Seagate 600 SSD Review

#2 Seville Orange

Seville Orange

• 8 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:38 AM

these definitely look interesting, but with no pricing information released how enthusiastic can anyone really be? any idea when the price will be disclosed?

#3 Kyonn

Kyonn

• 4 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:06 PM

Does anyone know if Seagate 600 SSD series has the same temperature connector as older Seagate drives? The reason I ask is because I have an iMac that came with a Seagate ST31000528ASQ and Apple uses the proprietary temperature connector, thus only another drive with the same temperature connector can be used to replace it.

Thanks in advance for any help/info

#4 Kevin OBrien

Kevin OBrien

StorageReview Editor

• Admin
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:53 PM

I'd highly doubt the board design includes the same thermal sensor as the past hard drive models. I haven't followed up much with the iMac situation, but are there any other compatible drives out there HDD or not that users have been able to swap in?

#5 Kyonn

Kyonn

• 4 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:49 PM

I'd highly doubt the board design includes the same thermal sensor as the past hard drive models. I haven't followed up much with the iMac situation, but are there any other compatible drives out there HDD or not that users have been able to swap in?

Supposedly all current Seagate standard drives have the same connector/sensor and can be swapped out for the stock drive. The same is true for the iMac's with WD drives. All the change over guides, like the one linked below, tell you to first check to see who's the driver manufacturer and only uses drives from the maker because of this issue.

Link

#6 Kevin OBrien

Kevin OBrien

StorageReview Editor

• Admin
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:40 AM

Would any particular type of smart data help you out to see if thats the case?

#7 Kyonn

Kyonn

• 4 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:14 PM

Would any particular type of smart data help you out to see if thats the case?

To be honest I have no clue

#8 redhotiron2004

redhotiron2004

• 8 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:33 AM

Oh man that would be crazily prized!

Sent from my MK16i using Tapatalk 2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users