RAID 6 Reconfiguration fail on Adaptec 5805

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 deviated1

deviated1

• 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:34 AM

Okay, it started about 6 months ago when I upgraded from a Highpoint 2310 to my Adaptec 5805. Using 4 Western Digital 1.5TB (WD1501FASS) SATAII drives I proceeded to build raid 6 array, every month or so, I have been adding a new hard drive and expanding the array. Currently it has 7 drives and will eventually support 6.8 usable terrabytes, but it is currently stuck, showing 0% reconfigured after a whole week, with a bad block on the newly installed drive, which was just reported this morning around 1AM.

Is there anyway for me to stop the process? Without losing the data? I have about 2.4TB used at the moment.

The array is fully usable and no real data has been lost at the moment. I would rather retrieve it and rebuild after the fact, than lose everything at the moment.

Any suggestions? This is on the following machine

HP XW9300 Workstation
Server 2008 R2
16GB Ram
Crucial M4 64GB SSD
7X 1.5TB WD1501FASS drives (Single Raid 6)
Adaptec 5805 Raid Controller.

Been using this as a bash box, I use it for everything from VM's to my local file server.

Thanks for anything fellas!

-Daniel

#2 continuum

continuum

Mod

• Mod
  • 3,581 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:48 PM

Ugh, definitely sounds like a bad drive. Call Adaptec if no one here has any ideas?

OCE is pretty risky even best case, you didn't make a backup?? (sorry to state the obvious...)

#3 deviated1

deviated1

• 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

Didn't do a backup since this has not been an issue before. Adaptec's original reply, was to just let it finish, they then advised how to run the archive so I can see what percentage it was at, when I saw 0%, I replied back but have yet to receive a response. Card is out of warranty anyway, I am glad they responded the first time, but I will be backing up and attempting the recovery. Wish me luck.

-I will wait until later this week for any other opinions, but backing up in the meantime. Thanks fellas.

Edited by deviated1, 06 May 2013 - 04:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users