Recommend me an HDD

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 surfy183

surfy183

• 1 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:48 AM

Hi guys, I just registered shortly and this is for the reason, I'm asking for a good HDD recommendations by experienced users.

The reason is, I've been reading several threads about HDD, Samsung, Hitachi, Seagate and WD.

My Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 st3500320as, 500gb just died recently probably due to power outage last time but I'm not sure if that's the case, probably the HDD also has aged since 2008 and kinda never used my desktop pc for about 1 year in total timespan, in overall the usage of the drive should be 3-4 years considering my pc is turned on 24/7.

The main reason for the recommendation from you guys is, I remembered quite some time ago, a pc magazine reported that seagate barracuda series that has massive capacities failed very quickly.

I was thinking of getting WD black series, capacities doesn't matter but planning to have lowest capacities so I could back up some data to a higher capacity external drives. Any suggestion?

Thank you in advance :)

#2 dietrc70

dietrc70

• 104 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:47 PM

I think a WD Black wold be an excellent choice. The 1TB models are very good and pretty reasonably priced right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users