• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mmnavidi

mmnavidi

• 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

Hi guys

I have a sony vaio VPCCW1AGG model. Recently I get an error which is:
"WARNING: Immediately back-up your data and replace your hard disk drive. A failure may be imminent.Press F1 to continue."
I did a full format on my C drive and have recovered my windows, but warning is still there! I think that means my hard drive has a problem.
When I faced this problem I have made a back up from all my data. I know that my hard drive will die in near future, So I want to get prepared for hard drive replacement. And I have some questions about that:
1- Has anybody replaced the hard drive for this model? Which screws must be opened? where is the hard drive exactly?
2- Hard drive model is toshiba mk3263gsx. That's a 2.5 inch Sata 3.0Gb/s. Can i replace that with any 2.5 inch Sata 3.0Gb/s? Because I want to use a 500GB hard drive on my laptop if possible.

I will be so thankful if anybody guide me in this problem.

mohma

#2 Beenthere

Beenthere

• 178 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

Yes it is likely that your HDD is failing and should be replaced immediately.

There are usually only two removable panels on a laptop to change the HDD and RAM. I'm not familiar with your particular model laptop but if you don't have a manual that shows you this info., there is likely an online tutorial that will help. A Google or similar search should find this.

Any 2.5" SATA II HDD should fit and work as will 2.5" SATA III HDDs but you only get ~60% of the advertised SATA III performance on a SATA II port IME.

Edited by Beenthere, 30 March 2013 - 03:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users