Can't install Harddrive

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 evonna_21

evonna_21

• 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

Hello, this is my first attempt at trying to repair a harddrive. I bought a harddrive from ebay in which case the seller didn't know if it worked or not. It was cheap enough so I bought it because I'm low on cash and can't afford to buy a used one.

So, I connected this harddrive to my sisters computer via usb which it recognized by windows. So when I input it in my laptop to install windows 7 pro it gets to the point where your suppose to see the drive. In this case, I can't see the drive and it gives an error "no drives found, please install driver". I went online and found every solution to this error and tried it. Nothing works. It is a hitachi brand hd.

I tried a test and it said there were no bad sectors. I can here the hard drive spinning. I'm at a loss. Is there anyway to fix this harddrive. Also, this harddrive isn't recognized in the bios.

#2 qasdfdsaq

qasdfdsaq

• Mod
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

What kind of drive is it? Have you connected it internally to another computer? Have you tried installing the drivers as it requests? Does the laptop BIOS detect the drive?

#3 Kdawgca

Kdawgca

Modinator

• Mod
  • 640 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:33 AM

What is the model and brank of the laptop and what is the exact model of hard drive?

Windows 7 should not need any drivers. Older OSes like XP needed the SATA drivers or you needed to disable AHCI(or something like that).

If the laptop's BIOS doesn't see the drive, then there could be something wrong with the notebook. Double check that the drive is seated properly/screwed in and check for BIOS updates.

Besides trying it internally on another computer, check for bios updates and make sure the old hard drive works in the notebook.

Storagereview.com on Twitter
SSD vs. HDD Guide

• MSI H81M-E33 V2 - Haswell Intel Pentium G3220+ 60GB Vertex 2 / 500 GB HDD/6GB/EVGA 9600GSO/ Windows 7 + VMs//Dell Latitude D410 -1.6ghz Pentium M, 120GB IDE HDD, 2 GB DDR ram.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users