Photo

NAS RAID box and disk formatting problems.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 IngoVals

IngoVals

• 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:35 AM

I have a Seagate Blackarmor RAID box (NAS) that works ok, so my brother got one as well.

After inserting the disks creating the RAID partition (or whatever it does) up we moved the box to my house to set it up and move some stuff over from mine.

Soon there where problems and we got the error NoSystemHDD found. I can't really do anything with the box now.

My idea is just to remove the disks and reformat them and try again fro the top. I'm just not sure what the best way is, how do I dismantle raid and format the discs as standard single HDD again?

Should I do something else instead?

#2 Brian

Brian

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 5,065 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:52 AM

I haven't used the BA series but for their new NAS and similar systems, there is a utility to re-configure the NAS.

Start here I think and see how it goes.

http://knowledge.sea...US/FAQ/210995en

Brian

Publisher- StorageReview.com
Twitter - @StorageReview

#3 IngoVals

IngoVals

• 3 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:24 AM

I haven't used the BA series but for their new NAS and similar systems, there is a utility to re-configure the NAS.

Start here I think and see how it goes.

http://knowledge.sea...US/FAQ/210995en

Ok this might actually be helpful. I'll check this out when I get home later.

#4 IngoVals

IngoVals

• 3 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

Sadly this doesn't work as it requires me to connect to the NAS box which I cannot do. The box claims to have the IP 192.168.1.2 on its LED screen, my ROUTER map only marks it as a unknown ip and browsing there doesn't result in anything. It responds to ping and telnet (though the user/pass combo doesn't allow me access).

So either I have to find a way to connect to it through a browser for the factory reset to work or some way to format the drives to its initial factory state and try from scratch.

Can I somehow format the drives to initial state?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users