• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 arcabuzz

arcabuzz

• 2 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

Howdy ladies and gents,

This may seem a simple issue for many, but it is a real trouble for me. I have an external Seagate FreeagentPro 300, ST303204FPA1E2-RK where I have my backup information from a year work.

All my problems started when I decided to secure the data using the Win 7 Bitlocker service. All was good until the day my laptop crashed and had to reinstall it. I have saved the password in a memory stick. When I reinstalled the OS and tried to unlock the drive, I run into trouble when my laptop suddenly turned off in the middle of the unlocking process, about 86% of it.

Have tried to finish reversing Bitlocker and have failed every time. It ask to run chdsk with a switch.

Now every time I connect the hdd, the error keep coming out. Needless to say, I have lost access to the data and the darn thing is showing an empty HDD, showing no data with the OS asking to format it.

If anyone can help me to resolve this problem, I certainly will send you tons of good omens and blessings to last a lifetime.

#2 dietrc70

dietrc70

• 106 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:42 AM

There is a "bitlocker repair tool" from Microsoft that you could investigate.

If the disk was mostly unlocked, it's also possible that File Scavenger from Quetek could recover the files that were decrypted before the crash.

#3 arcabuzz

arcabuzz

• 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

There is a "bitlocker repair tool" from Microsoft that you could investigate.

If the disk was mostly unlocked, it's also possible that File Scavenger from Quetek could recover the files that were decrypted before the crash.

It is a good lead, anything at this point is better than nothing. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users