Adaptec 7805 vs LSI 9270-8i

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tale

tale

• 31 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:05 AM

Which is the better card between these 2? Looking for the newest 8-port RAID card. Up time and reliability is the focus. Any other cards I should consider beyond these 2?

#2 tugaricardo

tugaricardo

• 5 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

Which is the better card between these 2? Looking for the newest 8-port RAID card. Up time and reliability is the focus. Any other cards I should consider beyond these 2?

I would recommend for sure, the Adaptec Series 7 with ZMCP. I've been using the series 6 with zmcp and its rock solid, very stable. The new PM8015 RoC of 7 series is much better than mine pm8013. The series 7 is probably the most powerfull raid card today if you will attached her with a full of SSD, you can saturate the PCI-E x8 3.0 but its not easy. 6,6gb/s....with random 4k works i think that is almost equivalent of Areca 1882ix. Areca is still the king of speed on random 4k because the card puts almost everything on cache, but, in my opinion, i wouldn't choose her because the Areca don't have a BBU alternative yet, such ZMCP by adaptec or cachevault by LSI. For me, Adaptec.

#3 Kevin OBrien

Kevin OBrien

StorageReview Editor

• Admin
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:52 AM

We've been working with the 7805 and 9270-8i for a bit and I think performance probably leans towards the LSI side, although I have to say I really enjoy Adaptec's setup and the ability to pop out a specific device for JBOD. Both are pretty reliable, so its hard to make a call going either way. Do you have any brand or configuration preference?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users