• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Eighty_Three

Eighty_Three

• 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

Hello all,

I have been researching a option to replace my HP 4500 G2's and ran accross the 3par 7400 system. What would be the competitor(s) to this system? Is there something better on the market right now with possibly EMC or NetApp?

Thanks

#2 PatrickG

PatrickG

• 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:13 PM

In the same boat. The 7400 is on paper par with an EMC VNX 5500. The StorServ 7200 is on par with the VNX 5300. IMO the VNX is better for straight VDI with FAST but in a mixed workload scenario, I'm not sure which is better...not enough of the 3Par units in the field to get any useful metrics.

#3 e2jam

e2jam

• 1 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:32 AM

Thanks for the mention Patrick. Yes the VNX is ideal for VDI because of horsepower, and FAST software. We of course would appreciate speaking with either of you to provide additional information about your environments. Besides our FAST SW for auto-tiering of data, having the ability to mix and match drive types offers great flexibility and cost control. The VNX models are also Unified arrays offer the ability to do Block, File or both within the array. If you are open to a chat send me a private message. Regardless, best of luck and hopefully we can help in some way.

#4 Brian

Brian

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 5,128 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:06 AM

We're working with HP to get that system in here for eval, a little early still but we're working on it. Just got the StoreVirtual VSA so that will be next up from HP.

Brian

Publisher- StorageReview.com
Twitter - @StorageReview

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users