• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin OBrien

Kevin OBrien

StorageReview Editor

• Admin
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

Icy Dock's ToughArmor MB996SP-6SB 6 x 2.5" SATA HDD Hot Swap Rack is a 6-in-1 adaptor that slots up to 6 9.5mm drives into a single 5.25" desktop computer bay. Creative professionals and high-performance enthusiasts are often looking for the best performance available in local dense storage arrays, with SSDs being a popular option for their superior read/write performance. Most desktop workstation cases however, weren't designed for 2.5" drives, nor were are they generally built with such density goals in mind and the need for multiple 5.25" bays is fading. The new Icy Dock 6-in-1 then is a creative way to give users an option to increase the number of small form factor drives in their systems with an easy to use rack and tray system.

Icy Dock ToughArmor MB996SP-6SB 6-in-1 Adaptor Review Discussion

#2 dilidolo

dilidolo

• 51 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

I just one 3 days ago but haven't got time to put it into my ZFS storage server. Very nice kit. :P

#3 Rektide

Rektide

• 6 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

The article says:

Needless to say, there was no doubt left in our minds that the Icy Dock ToughArmor MB996SP-6SB wasn't able to handle the toughest workloads or fastest SSDs loaded into it

But I think it was supposed to read: "was able to handle," based off the glowing conclusion at the end.

These things are freaking awesome. Got my first last week, the box is shipping out with only two sleds filled, but prepped to grow to all six. Would only that I had more SATA ports to keep going: gotta love this JBOD controller roundup for that purpose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users