Photo

Buffalo Technology Drivestation Velocity (HD-LXx.0TU3)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TWB

TWB

• 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:04 AM

Does anyone know what HDD drives does Buffalo Technology use in their faster "velocity" line of external USB3 drives?

http://www.buffalo-t...n-velocity.html

I just wonder is the drive actually Western Digital Black?

#2 continuum

continuum

Mod

• Mod
  • 3,596 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

No clue, unfortunately. However the quality of the USB 3.0 bridge chip they use also matters a great deal, so I honestly wouldn't stress about it too much.

WD Blacks in the older 500GB/platter configuration also are not especially fast by today's standards, so again it probably matters less.

#3 TWB

TWB

• 2 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

No clue, unfortunately. However the quality of the USB 3.0 bridge chip they use also matters a great deal, so I honestly wouldn't stress about it too much.

WD Blacks in the older 500GB/platter configuration also are not especially fast by today's standards, so again it probably matters less.

I actually went to the store and bought the damn thing with 2TB version. :rolleyes:

The drive inside is actually Seagate should I say "infamous" 7200.14 Barracuda. http://www.seagate.c...sku=ST2000DM001

It has 9VN164 firmware in it.

I have hard disk sentinel 4.10 running tests to disk, so far all seems to be ok.

Maybe I was little naive thinking this could be WD Black. Because of the pricetag alone I should have known better this is "just" Seagate :lol:

Read from around the web people have had issues with random "click" noises or chirp noises from Seagate 7200.14 drives... Lets see what this brings along. I just love this technology mambo jambo :D

Edited by TWB, 12 December 2012 - 11:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users