Intel X25-M SSD unresponsive after resuming from screensaver/monitor s

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 garetjax

garetjax

• 12 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

I am having a very strange issue with my PC as of late. I am currently using an X25-M SSDSA2M160G2GC in my system build (http://www.modsrigs....x?BuildID=30935) and find that my computer becomes unresponsive when the following occurs:

1) If I have the screen saver set to turn on after a set period of time, the PC becomes unresponsive when I try to resume work. I can click icons and move the mouse around, but no windows will open. In order to get back to work, I have to perform a hard reset on the system.

2) If I have the monitor set to turn off after a set period of time, the PC becomes unresponsive when I try to resume work. I can click icons and move the mouse around, but again, no windows will open (a hard reset is needed).

3) If both the screen saver and monitor power off options are disabled, and the computer sits idling for a length of time, the PC is unresponsive when I try to resume work, even though I can click on icons and move the mouse around. Again, a hard reset is needed.

I have tried all sorts of things to fix this, such as making sure my BIOS is up to date, the firmware on the SSD is current, and any power options that would put the PC (or its components) to sleep, hibernate, or idle itself down to save power have been disabled but to no avail. I have also verified that ACHI mode is enabled for all devices.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#2 Kdawgca

Kdawgca

Modinator

• Mod
  • 632 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

What operating system? I would also see if it happens in Safe Mode.

Storagereview.com on Twitter
SSD vs. HDD Guide

• MSI H81M-E33 V2 - Haswell Intel Pentium G3220+ 60GB Vertex 2 / 500 GB HDD/6GB/EVGA 9600GSO/ Windows 7 + VMs//Dell Latitude D410 -1.6ghz Pentium M, 120GB IDE HDD, 2 GB DDR ram.

#3 continuum

continuum

Mod

• Mod
  • 3,513 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

Doesn't smell like a SSD issue, smells like a system resuming from sleep/suspend or some other ACPI issue.

Are your chipset drivers and whatnot up to date? When did this problem start occurring? If you know when, can you check your Windows Updates (and other possible driver updates) and see if any updates then might have caused it?

Checked power supply voltages and whatnot?

#4 garetjax

garetjax

• 12 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:37 PM

What operating system? I would also see if it happens in Safe Mode.

Windows 7 64-bit w/SP1. I honestly haven't checked to see if the problem occurs in Safe Mode or not. I'll have to find out!

Doesn't smell like a SSD issue, smells like a system resuming from sleep/suspend or some other ACPI issue.

Are your chipset drivers and whatnot up to date? When did this problem start occurring? If you know when, can you check your Windows Updates (and other possible driver updates) and see if any updates then might have caused it?

Checked power supply voltages and whatnot?

I'm running an X58 system based on an EVGA E760 mobo, so the chipset version I am using is the most current available using EVGA's download page. Is there a list of drivers I can get that are more recent than what EVGA's site reports? If so, what drivers would I be needed to look for?

The problem started occuring maybe two weeks ago when I updated the firmware for the SSD via the Intel Toolbox software, but everything was working correctly even after that point. I wonder, is it possible to revert back to an earlier firmware version? How would one even go about doing it?

Other than the standard Windows updates, nothing else has changed as far as I know. Power supply voltages are running within specs and I ensured that everything inside the case is plugged in tightly and nothing is loose.

#5 continuum

continuum

Mod

• Mod
  • 3,513 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

Which firmware are you on before, and what are you on now?

I have a fleet of X25-M G2's here and no issues with any of the firmwares rolled out in the past two years or so on a wide variety of hardware.

You would need to make sure your Intel chipset drivers and Intel SATA controller drivers are current. Switching to the Microsoft native SATA driver might also be an option.

Other than the standard Windows updates

Did you have any of these two weeks ago that may have included a system driver update? If you did, that may be the root of the issue (although it's optimistic to say so at the moment...).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users