• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JayWeb

JayWeb

• 1 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:24 AM

Hi,

I am looking for backup software and was wondering if anyone could help me. My home network currently includes:
Server (http, ftp, sql e.t.c.) Windows 7
Desktop ( Gaming, Programming e.t.c ) Windows 8
2 Laptops ( Surfing the net e.t.c. ) Windows 7

What I would like to do is have the backup software installed on the server and have certain folders / files from the other computers backed up to the server automatically each day or week, without any user interaction. I do not need the whole system backed up, just certain files / folders, perhaps SQL databases?

I have already tried Windows Home Server 2011 and tried the backup feature, although it did not work as the backup kept failing, so I am looking for another option.

Can anyone tell me what my best software option would be for this setup?

If I have missed any information out, please let me know and I will fill in the blanks.

Thanks

**Edit: Someone just recommended EaseUS Todo Backup to me, does anyone have any experience with this, is it any good? **

Edited by JayWeb, 06 November 2012 - 07:38 AM.

#2 Beenthere

Beenthere

• 178 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

I use Acronic True Home Image which is a full featured back-up software that might do what you want to do? They have a Free 30 day trial download at their website, if you want to give their software a try.

#3 mike2h

mike2h

• 258 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

did acronis work for you? i am looking for a solution as i am tired of whs '11 'issues'. i have a synology 2 bay nas that i will be using, just need a reliable & easy to use prog.

#4 mike2h

mike2h

• 258 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

there was giveaway on this site a while back for 'EaseUS todo' software, any of the winners or other users of that program have opinions/comments? any info on either/other backup programs appreciated.

#5 mike2h

mike2h

• 258 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

bump ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users