• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Brian

Brian

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 5,307 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:59 AM

Western Digital has released a 500GB 7mm 2.5" Scorpio Blue designed for the thin computing space.

WD Scorpio Blue 7mm 2.5-inch Hard Drive Now Available

Brian

Publisher- StorageReview.com
Twitter - @StorageReview

#2 fallbreak

fallbreak

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:58 PM

Anyway possible you can snap a picture from the bottom side of the drive without the board on? ;-)

#3 Kevin OBrien

Kevin OBrien

StorageReview Editor

• Admin
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:26 PM

Anyway possible you can snap a picture from the bottom side of the drive without the board on? ;-)

Give me an 30-45 minutes and I'll add it into the coverage. We have the drive in for testing, just didn't have enough time to get the review live before launch.

#4 fallbreak

fallbreak

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:01 PM

Give me an 30-45 minutes and I'll add it into the coverage. We have the drive in for testing, just didn't have enough time to get the review live before launch.

Thanks, you're the man!

#5 Kevin OBrien

Kevin OBrien

StorageReview Editor

• Admin
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

Added to the review... what were you looking for on it?

#6 fallbreak

fallbreak

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:55 PM

Added to the review... what were you looking for on it?

Thank you, yes. Mainly interested in the chips and the mechanics. A bit hard to see on this added picture. Example: You guys do an awesome job on the SSDs. Great front and back shots in hi-res.

#7 Kevin OBrien

Kevin OBrien

StorageReview Editor

• Admin
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

Haha, from your message I didn't know you were interested in the shot of the PCB. I'll snap that tomorrow when I get in. I was thinking you were really interested in the shape/design of the back of the platter assembly. :lol:

#8 fallbreak

fallbreak

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:44 PM

Haha, from your message I didn't know you were interested in the shot of the PCB. I'll snap that tomorrow when I get in. I was thinking you were really interested in the shape/design of the back of the platter assembly. :lol:

Hahaha....well, my note said: "and the mechanics" - meaning if you can snap the backside of the platter assembly, too. Would be awesome. :lol: :lol: :lol:

#9 Brian

Brian

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 5,307 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:25 AM

We do that level of detail in the reviews more than the news coverage. Incidentally, we should have the review up soon.

Brian

Publisher- StorageReview.com
Twitter - @StorageReview

#10 Vampire

Vampire

• 36 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

Check this :

http://vr-zone.com/a...ooks/15546.html

Maybe it's worth writing about it.

#11 Kevin OBrien

Kevin OBrien

StorageReview Editor

• Admin
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

Hahaha....well, my note said: "and the mechanics" - meaning if you can snap the backside of the platter assembly, too. Would be awesome. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Grasping at straws at where to dump these photos, but added your circuit board shot to the news release. Might got down as the most media-rich news piece ever!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users