• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 localgamer

localgamer

• 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:21 PM

Hey Guys,

I have a quick question. Im running a Patriot Pyro SSD Sata 3 60GB SSD on a Dell Inspiron Laptop. Im not really good with SSD numbers, but i benchmarked the read speeds at 272 MB/s average and a .2ms access time. Is this good. Any help would be great. Thanks

#2 Kevin OBrien

Kevin OBrien

StorageReview Editor

• Admin
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:57 PM

Were you using HDTune? Run CrystalDiskMark and do a screengrab of the results. From there you can tell if everything is working out OK and aligned.

#3 localgamer

localgamer

• 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:11 PM

I use he benchmark that is built into Linux mint. But do those speeds sound on par or are they slow

#4 Kevin OBrien

Kevin OBrien

StorageReview Editor

• Admin
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:09 AM

Read speeds seem kind of slow, although it depends on the workload. If that is large-block sequential with randomized data, its a bit low, otherwise its fine. Latency... is that small-block random read or write? Given the capacity though I would say those numbers are probably in the ballpark.

#5 rugger

rugger

• 723 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:16 AM

Hey Guys,

I have a quick question. Im running a Patriot Pyro SSD Sata 3 60GB SSD on a Dell Inspiron Laptop. Im not really good with SSD numbers, but i benchmarked the read speeds at 272 MB/s average and a .2ms access time. Is this good. Any help would be great. Thanks

That is fine.

The Pyro 60gig SSD is a rather slow drive though when you exercise the NAND with non-compressable data (180meg/sec read/70meg/sec write)

This is to be expected though, it uses cheap Async NAND and is the smallest sized SSD in the range. However, it will still be very quick compared to any hard drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users