• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin OBrien

Kevin OBrien

StorageReview Editor

• Admin
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:40 AM

In our latest review we look at the 8-bay Drobo iSCSI SAN, which Drobo claims is the easiest to setup SAN currently on the market.

Drobo B800i Review

#2 ryan80

ryan80

• 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:17 AM

In our latest review we look at the 8-bay Drobo iSCSI SAN, which Drobo claims is the easiest to setup SAN currently on the market.

Drobo B800i Review

Why is the read performance so poor on the Drobo? It seems to go against what should be happening with a parity RAID array, where read should give good performance. Is this idicative of some software issues with the Drobo or is there some other reason?

#3 Brian

Brian

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 5,309 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:47 AM

Drobo generally is willing to give up performance for usability, etc. They don't claim it to be the fastest, but fast enough to get most jobs done, with supreme ease of use.

Brian

Publisher- StorageReview.com
Twitter - @StorageReview

#4 tived

tived

• 4 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:23 AM

Drobo generally is willing to give up performance for usability, etc. They don't claim it to be the fastest, but fast enough to get most jobs done, with supreme ease of use.

Is there any plans to do any 8 drive bay NAS test to see what really is a good performer?

It would have been a little more interesting if you guys had compared this to Synology 1812+ and similar units for other suppliers, just a thought

Henrik

#5 Brian

Brian

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 5,309 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:22 AM

We have the 1812+ in testing right now, along with an Infortrend 8 bay NAS.

Brian

Publisher- StorageReview.com
Twitter - @StorageReview

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users