• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin OBrien

Kevin OBrien

StorageReview Editor

• Admin
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:01 PM

If someone asked you how many wall chargers you have for a USB-powered device, chances are you could probably list off a few from the top of your head. Most devices sold today, including wireless hard drives and smartphones include a charging cable that terminates with a common USB plug. With its widespread compatibility, this allows users to charge their devices anywhere a computer or wall charger is located. This is where the NewerTech Power2U Ac/USB Wall Outlet comes into play, offering a cord-only charging solution for portable devices putting the charger inside the wall, never to be misplaced again.

Read Full Review

#2 mike2h

mike2h

• 258 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 02:02 PM

thx. can see one of these getting installed in the living room. did the sliding door over the usb ports seem durable?

#3 Kevin OBrien

Kevin OBrien

StorageReview Editor

• Admin
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 02:36 PM

The sliding doors seem pretty reliable and durable. My only gripe with them were the lack of easily swiped finger latch. You either need to use the edge of a USB plug end or your fingernail to bring it over.

#4 mike2h

mike2h

• 258 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:23 PM

guess its a trade of with ease of use vs asthetics. good t ohear 'bout the reliability, really think im going to get one.

#5 fallbreak

fallbreak

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:54 PM

Nice review. I have 2 FastMac U-Socket in use for several months now and love it. Power2U size seems about the same.
I generally have a Micro USB and Ipad/Iphone cable plugged into them and the many devices in the household get their fair share of quick charging. Only downside for the FastMac's design is if you want to add a wall wart to the AC it most often doesn't fit. The Power2U seems to be able to take at least one in the bottom.

http://www.engadget....-socket-review/

#6 Mkruer

Mkruer

• 283 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 07:02 PM

You know where i think this might have the largest impact? in business offices, I don't know how many people ask me if i could loan them a charger because they forgot or lost theirs. I would say idealy that this should also be included on the power strips as well.
Lian-Li PC-V2000 Plus Aluminum Case; Seasonic S12 Energy+ 550 PSU; Asus M4A785TD-V EVO; Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition C3 @ 4.0Ghz ; Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme Rev.C; 8GB OCZ AMD Black Edition @ 1333Mhz; Creative Audigy 2 ZS; Sapphire Radeon HD 5770; 1xOCZ Vertex 2 OCZSSD3-2VTX180G; 1xWestern Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB; 2xWestern Digital Caviar Green WD20EADS 2TB; Western Digital WDG1U3200 My Book Essential Edition 320GB USB 2.0; Samsung STORY Station 2TB USB 3.0.

#7 steffmn

steffmn

• 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 07:33 PM

You know where i think this might have the largest impact? in business offices, I don't know how many people ask me if i could loan them a charger because they forgot or lost theirs. I would say idealy that this should also be included on the power strips as well.

That has been thought about:
http://www.engadget....to-your-laptop/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users