• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kevin OBrien

Kevin OBrien

StorageReview Editor

• Admin
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:30 PM

The SSD 710 is Intelís first enterprise-class SSD in quite some time Ė itís been three years since they introduced their last one, the X-25E. Packed with more cost effective eMLC instead of SLC NAND, the SSD 710 gives enterprise buyers a mix of endurance and increased capacity at a more aggressive price point than SLC alternatives. To expand on our single 710 drive review, we take a look at the 710 in RAID 1 and RAID 5 configurations as well as steady state variations to find out how it performs in an enterprise environment.

Read Full Review

#2 Darking

Darking

• 236 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:22 PM

The SSD 710 is Intelís first enterprise-class SSD in quite some time Ė itís been three years since they introduced their last one, the X-25E. Packed with more cost effective eMLC instead of SLC NAND, the SSD 710 gives enterprise buyers a mix of endurance and increased capacity at a more aggressive price point than SLC alternatives. To expand on our single 710 drive review, we take a look at the 710 in RAID 1 and RAID 5 configurations as well as steady state variations to find out how it performs in an enterprise environment.

Read Full Review

Hi Kevin.

I was kind of wondering how you log the different io points with iometer, would it be possible to get the icf file you use for testing, or is it a trade secret.

Reason I'm asking is that I got a new hybrid San (equallogic ps6100xs with 7 pliant 400gb emlc ssd and 17 savvio 10k4 running some sort of raid 6)I want to test, and I'm unsure how to setup iometer so I can compare with your review.

The write reliability on those pliant is 7.2PB!!!
What We Do in Life Echoes in Eternity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users