• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Brian

Brian

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 5,079 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:51 AM

Over the summer we reviewed a pre-production version of the 480GB OCZ RevoDrive 3 X2 SSD. Even though the hardware and firmware were not final builds, the RevoDrive 3 X2 was still incredibly impressive, given the speedy PCIe interface and four SandForce SF-2281 processors. We've finally been able to log enough time with the production version of the RevoDrive 3 X2 and our excitement over the platform has done nothing but grow. In fact, the performance of the card rose so signficantly that we had to adjust the scale of our benchmark charts to compensate.

OCZ RevoDrive 3 X2 Review Update

Brian

Publisher- StorageReview.com
Twitter - @StorageReview

#2 grogthegreat

grogthegreat

• 53 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:17 PM

Thanks for the review! I noticed that this review was for the 480GB model. While it is awesome to see benchmarks of such a high performing drive, I don't know if that many consumers (even enthusiasts like me) could afford such a drive for their high performance home machine.
I expect that more people reading this review will be thinking about buying the 240GB model due to the really high price on the 480GB drive. The only thing in this review anywhere near the price of this 480GB drive is the LSI which, as you mentioned, is geared towards enterprise solutions. Comparing this drive to others less than 1/3rd its price is a little unfair although it does make for impressive looking graphs.
Since the performance isn't going to be as amazing for the smaller drive, plus it will be closer in price to other SSDs that readers might be considering, and finally more readers are seriously considering buying the smaller drive, could you please review the smaller drive as well? I think more people will want to know where that drive falls compared to other options.

Thanks for all the hard work!
-Grog

#3 Stonedofmoo

Stonedofmoo

• 3 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:37 AM

Hi there

Interesting, but one issue still is there is no Unmap/trim support for these drives in Windows. Undoubtably your tests are being done on clean drives. What happens when they start to clog up? I know that isn't the fault of OCZ as it's MS that need to add it, but it's just a pity it's not been dealt with after all this time.

Is there any news of a OCZ Revodrive 4? Looking at their past release rate it seems they update the models every 12 months or so, but then Sandforce have not released anything new since. Perhaps a model with synchronous flash would be good? :-)

Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users