• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Brian

Brian

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 5,298 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:18 AM

Western Digital has added to their line of media streaming products with their latest effort, the WD TV Live. TV Live is designed to get both your networked media files and streaming services into new places in the home. Where the WD TV Live Hub is the bigger brother with 1TB of internal storage and geared to be in the home theater, the WD TV Live has no local storage and is designed to go with the bedroom, office or other TV in the house. TV Live is not only much smaller than the Live Hub, but it also features WiFi, making setup about as easy as it gets.

Full Review

Brian

Publisher- StorageReview.com
Twitter - @StorageReview

#2 Kyxter

Kyxter

• 2 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:22 PM

Western Digital has added to their line of media streaming products with their latest effort, the WD TV Live. TV Live is designed to get both your networked media files and streaming services into new places in the home. Where the WD TV Live Hub is the bigger brother with 1TB of internal storage and geared to be in the home theater, the WD TV Live has no local storage and is designed to go with the bedroom, office or other TV in the house. TV Live is not only much smaller than the Live Hub, but it also features WiFi, making setup about as easy as it gets.

Full Review

Would you say that the menu navigation in the new WD TV Live (2011) is more responsive in comparison with the WD TV Live Hub due to the increased RAM and newer processor? Coming from an HTPC setup with MediaBrowser, the WDTV Live and Live Hub (i own both) were very disappointing in terms of menu speed. Even with the Hub's Mochi interface, between pressing the "next page" or any directional arrow and the action actually taking place I could paint my whole house at watch it dry.

#3 Brian

Brian

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 5,298 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:33 AM

I would say it's equivalent to the Roku I have, not current gen, the one prior. The menus are responsive and paging has a tiny bit of lag, but nothing that made me think about it until your question.

Brian

Publisher- StorageReview.com
Twitter - @StorageReview

#4 Kyxter

Kyxter

• 2 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:36 PM

Good to know, thanks for the reply

#5 TonyCee

TonyCee

• 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:05 AM

Thanks for the review...

The WDTV Live Hub actually allows full-power off by pressing and holding the power button on the remote. Have you tried this on the WDTV Live?

What are the RCA cables included for? There is no connections for it.

What devices did you stream from?

thanks

#6 BryanThames

BryanThames

• 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:17 AM

Great article Brian . For those who live outside US like me, you can access Netflix, Hulu and similar media stations on your WD TV by using UnoTelly or similar tools.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users