• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Brian

Brian

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 5,377 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:06 PM

At Computex in July, OCZ announced the RevoDrive Hybrid PCI Express storage solution, along with their updated family of RevoDrive 3 SSDs. The RevoDrive Hybrid is now shipping, and offers a unique combination of 1TB 2.5" hard drive coupled with a 100GB OCZ SSD on a PCIe card. The drives combined with caching software can deliver 1TB of storage at 120,000 IOPS and read speeds up to 910 MB/s and writes of 810 MB/s.

Full Story

Brian

Publisher- StorageReview.com
Twitter - @StorageReview

#2 [ETA]MrSpadge

[ETA]MrSpadge

• 755 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:38 PM

Looks nice, but much too expensive for private users. Use a single SF2281 and 50 or 60 GB, together with a 12.5 mm 1.5 TB drive and lower the price.. and things might get really interesting.

MrS

#3 Noli

Noli

• 25 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:54 PM

Yeah this is interesting but this sort of hybrid solution is *really* needed in laptops, not so much desktops. If they could cram this tech into something no bigger than a 2.5" drive it would totally waste the Momentus XT...

Or as Mr Spadge alludes to, would be good in a desktop if you could could couple the solid state part to a bigger, faster mechanical drive of your choice eg a fast 3.5" 2TB drive...

#4 Brian

Brian

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 5,377 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:44 PM

I'd think about this as a proof of market. If they sell a few thousand or tens of thousand, I'd assume there will be many more iterations. I do wonder about how easy/supported a HDD change would be.

Brian

Publisher- StorageReview.com
Twitter - @StorageReview

#5 ntxstormchaser

ntxstormchaser

• 11 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:53 PM

This seems like the next step in storage, but the cost is way to high. Hopefully there will be more models that have lower prices. I know it might be a pipe dream but it would be nice to see this in a unit from the factory.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users