• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin OBrien

Kevin OBrien

StorageReview Editor

• Admin
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:18 AM

Just last week we broke the news that OWC had migrated to Toshiba toggle NAND in their high-end Mercury Extreme Pro 6G SSD family. Not just that, but the 240GB and 480GB capacities took home a processor upgrade too, moving from a SandForce SF-2281 to an SF-2282. We've spent the last week working over the ME Pro 6G Redux to see just how much the new NAND and processor help out.

Read Full Review

#2 onethreehill

onethreehill

• 183 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:20 AM

Spotted a typo

We put the 120GB and 240GB OWC Mercury Extreme Pro SSDs up against the 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 and 120GB Patriot Inferno, as they all offer Toshiba toggle NAND in eight or sixteen NAND piece configurations. This means that outside of firmware differences, they are as close as possible in hardware.

Wildfire

#3 Texxy

Texxy

• 2 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:33 AM

I do not understand how we can tell if we got the newsest Toggle versions. I heard if it ends in a "T" with serial #. I ordered my 120GB Extreme Pro drive on August 9 and it did end with a "T" but in the newest review here (http://www.storagere...iew_toggle_nand) it ends with a DASH "-T" while mine just had a "T" at the end of all the serial #'s/Letters. I know this is confusing but who can verify? Do I have the latest and greatest?

#4 Brian

Brian

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 5,158 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:48 AM

I can't tell you for sure, probably best to just drop OWC a note with your order date and serial number. If you don't have toggle, I bet they'd swap it for you...let us know how it goes.

Brian

Publisher- StorageReview.com
Twitter - @StorageReview

#5 mike2h

mike2h

• 258 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:28 PM

sorry if i misunderstood the review but is the toshiba toggle nand 25 or 32nm?

Edited by mike2h, 25 August 2011 - 05:54 PM.

#6 Brian

Brian

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 5,158 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:52 PM

32nm.

If you want to have a more general conversation about which drive to go with, copy that over to a new thread in the What Should I Buy forum.

Brian

Publisher- StorageReview.com
Twitter - @StorageReview

#7 mike2h

mike2h

• 258 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:55 PM

32nm.

If you want to have a more general conversation about which drive to go with, copy that over to a new thread in the What Should I Buy forum.

tyvm & i will:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users