• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TSullivan

TSullivan

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 688 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:02 PM

SanDisk announced their new Ultra SSD line, offering SATA II drives aimed at customers looking to bring new life to old systems. Offered in three capacities ranging from 60 to 240GB, these SSDs have speeds topping at 280MB/s read and 270MB/s write. With prices starting as low as $129.99, these drivers are aimed with budget shoppers in mind.

Read Full Article

#2 Brian

Brian

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 5,307 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:22 AM

Kind of a strange offering, but I'm generally enthusiastic about a big brand like SanDisk getting involved in the retail storage space. Of course they're deeply involved already in the embedded and OEM markets.

Brian

Publisher- StorageReview.com
Twitter - @StorageReview

#3 Beenthere

Beenthere

• 178 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:45 AM

I imagine this is price point marketing. If they are $20 lower than other brands they will probably sell just fine if the performance is reasonable.

#4 [ETA]MrSpadge

[ETA]MrSpadge

• 744 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:38 PM

Does it use a Sandforce 1200? The claimed speeds are suspiciously close. Such "non-SF write speeds" would be extradinary for a 60 GB model with modern flash (8 GB dies).

MrS

#5 SomeGuy15

SomeGuy15

• 20 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:43 PM

The sequential read and write speeds do seem to indicate that it is a SF-1200 drive. It'll be a shame for Sandisk to abandon its SSD controller R&D though, despite the poor performance of the G3.

#6 [ETA]MrSpadge

[ETA]MrSpadge

• 744 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:29 AM

They could always play on different parties simultaneously ;)

MrS

#7 Brian

Brian

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 5,307 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:52 AM

I don't know what they're using - the PR was very thin on detail. We're told we should get one in for review, so we'll see.

Brian

Publisher- StorageReview.com
Twitter - @StorageReview

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users