• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TSullivan

TSullivan

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 688 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:53 AM

In August of last year, Micron announced the enterprise grade RealSSD P300. The P300 was the first enterprise SSD to market featuring the speedy SATA 6Gb/s interface delivering steady state IOPS up to 44,000 reads and 16,000 writes and throughput speeds of 360MB/s read and 275MB/s write. The P300 is powered by a Marvell 9174-family processor, high-endurance Micron 34nm SLC NAND and proprietary firmware. With lifetime data writes measuring in petabytes, this enterprise SSD is designed for the toughest workloads busnesses can create.

Read Full Review

#2 Darking

Darking

• 236 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:56 PM

In August of last year, Micron announced the enterprise grade RealSSD P300. The P300 was the first enterprise SSD to market featuring the speedy SATA 6Gb/s interface delivering steady state IOPS up to 44,000 reads and 16,000 writes and throughput speeds of 360MB/s read and 275MB/s write. The P300 is powered by a Marvell 9174-family processor, high-endurance Micron 34nm SLC NAND and proprietary firmware. With lifetime data writes measuring in petabytes, this enterprise SSD is designed for the toughest workloads busnesses can create.

Read Full Review

Raid 5 performance, looks very very interresting. If i ever decide to put some of these drives in some sort of cachecade or similar technology im gonna look at the p300, thats for sure.

im wondering why they didnt launch it with SAS tho, but i suppose since they are compatible.... but is a 6gb/s SAS controller 6gb/s SATA compatible?
What We Do in Life Echoes in Eternity.

#3 TSullivan

TSullivan

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 688 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:33 PM

Given the fact this uses the same controller as the C300, I am guessing they stuck with it for reliability's sake (or value depending on how much redesigning a new controller would cost for a single SSD).

We got permission to keep these in our lab for future testing as well. Cachecade is one of the items we will be covering soon, as well as expanding out into enterprise traces. So expect to see some more action from these in the coming months.

#4 DBguy

DBguy

• 1 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:48 AM

Given the fact this uses the same controller as the C300, I am guessing they stuck with it for reliability's sake (or value depending on how much redesigning a new controller would cost for a single SSD).

We got permission to keep these in our lab for future testing as well. Cachecade is one of the items we will be covering soon, as well as expanding out into enterprise traces. So expect to see some more action from these in the coming months.

Drive looks very promising - but who's selling it (100GB model)?

And what's the difference between models with suffix 1N1 and 1N1AA?
Specs looks identical to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users