• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TSullivan

TSullivan

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 688 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:13 PM

OWC's Mercury Extreme Pro was one of our favorite SF-1200 SSDs at the time, and remains a solid performer today. But the new wave of SATA 6Gb/s has enthusiasts excited about taking SSD performance to the next level. The OWC Mercury Extreme Pro 6G does just that and more, leveraging the new SandForce SF-2281 processor to deliver sustained sequential reads of up to 559MB/s and writes up to 527MB/s.

Read Full Review

#2 EvilNewbie

EvilNewbie

• 28 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:09 AM

Is there a reason the reviews don't talk about wear leveling of these drives and expected life of the drives over 20 years? I would like to know the maximum these drives go and the IOPS but it seems like the speed does go down during the wear leveling process... I hear that iofusion drives last 50 years... curious as to how many years these SSD last... and if it bottoms out on lost speed...

#3 SSD Freak

SSD Freak

• 2 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:42 PM

Great review. Unless at the time of the review the warranty length was different than now, the review is incorrect in the length of the warranty of this SSD drive. It comes with a FIVE YEAR WARRANTY, not 3 years like all other SSDs on the market.

#4 Brian

Brian

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 5,445 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:33 AM

Yes, initially the drive came with a 3, they have since upped it to 5. I'll make the appropriate edit in the review.

Brian

Publisher- StorageReview.com
Twitter - @StorageReview

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users