• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin OBrien

Kevin OBrien

StorageReview Editor

• Admin
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:10 AM

Up until now, if a drive had 1TB or more of capacity it was automatically assumed to be a desktop drive. Not anymore the Samsung MT2 1TB is a 2.5-inch, 12.5mm height hard drive for use in external enclosures and notebook computers. Check out our review to see the upsides and downsides of this particular drive..

Read Full Review

#2 rtrtrtrt

rtrtrtrt

• 24 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:28 PM

think there are other 12.5mm 1TB drives out there - if there are - how does this one compare?

#3 Kevin OBrien

Kevin OBrien

StorageReview Editor

• Admin
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:59 PM

The only other 12.5mm drive we had on hand was a 1TB Scorpio Blue from a WD TV, although it was a non-consumer version so hard to put against it. I can put that drive through the paces though to see how it stacks up unofficially if you want ;)

#4 lemmo

lemmo

• 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:38 AM

Thanks for the review Kevin, and yes I'd also be interested in comparisons with other 1Gb 2.5" drives, especially as these will be like-to-like in terms of rpm.

The only other ones I know of are Toshiba MK1059GSM and Western Digital Scorpio Blue WD10TEVT / TPVT

As this will be a second storage drive for me, I'm less bothered about performance, more about noise/vibration, power efficiency and reliability. In your view, is the M2 OK on these counts?

cheers :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users