• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TSullivan

TSullivan

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 688 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:49 AM

3TB is the highest capacity you can get in a single hard drive – for now. We take a look at Hitachi’s flagship consumer drive, the Deskstar 7K3000. Key features include a 6.0Gbps SATA III interface, 64MB buffer, and a five-platter design (600GB each).

Read Full Review

#2 Datasaurus

Datasaurus

• 29 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:46 PM

I wonder how hot these 3 TB drives get. I have two Hitachi hard drives - a 1TB and a 2TB. The 2TB is always about 5 degrees Celsius hotter than the 1TB. I've seen it get as hot as 50 degrees Celsius when doing big file transfers/long video transcodes. Yes, 122 degrees Fahrenheit. Is it me, or is that kinda scary hot?

So, I would expect these 3TB drives to be even hotter, unless maybe I just have a drive that has a tendency to be unusually hot.

#3 wanganui

wanganui

• 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 02:47 PM

3TB is the highest capacity you can get in a single hard drive – for now. We take a look at Hitachi’s flagship consumer drive, the Deskstar 7K3000. Key features include a 6.0Gbps SATA III interface, 64MB buffer, and a five-platter design (600GB each).

Read Full Review

I purchased one of these drives. I am relatively satisfied with it so far, but am curious about one thing. When I attempt to use any diagnostic/benchmark software that I access to examine the drive, it is reported back as having 32Meg cache, rather than the 64Meg cache. Hitachi tech support was completly not-helpful.

Did you have a different experience with this drive? If so, can you give me the name of the software you used?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users