• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TSullivan

TSullivan

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 688 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:31 AM

Anyone have suggestions on a decent network IP security cam? Not a huge wireless/wired preference, although something that is PoE compatible would be awesome.

#2 Brian

Brian

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:22 AM

I used to have a DLink WiFi camera that did surprisingly well for many years. I think it ran $150-200 at the time, not exactly cheap. Logitech has a system that gets excellent reviews, but it's more consumer-based for home security and I think they're locked down to the Logitech software, but I'm not certain about that.

Ultra cheap with decent reviews though - Rosewill has this gem for $40.

http://www.newegg.co...7-003-_-Product

Brian

Publisher- StorageReview.com
Twitter - @StorageReview

#3 TSullivan

TSullivan

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 688 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:42 PM

Yea I already stole that one from you. Problem is, its terrible and old!

#4 Darking

Darking

• 236 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:52 PM

Anything from Axis is pretty much gonna be ok.

www.axis.com
What We Do in Life Echoes in Eternity.

#5 TSullivan

TSullivan

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 688 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 03:27 PM

Any particular models you know of from them? I missed the awesome $40 IP camera from Newegg yesterday :angry:

#6 Darking

Darking

• 236 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:28 AM

Any particular models you know of from them? I missed the awesome $40 IP camera from Newegg yesterday :angry:

We run a few of the AXIS P3343-VE, but i must admit ive only heard good things about it from our security people, i do not have any personal experience with it.
What We Do in Life Echoes in Eternity.

#7 SJohnson

SJohnson

• 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:31 PM

We run a few of the AXIS P3343-VE, but i must admit ive only heard good things about it from our security people, i do not have any personal experience with it.

I'll second that. I've heard nothing but good things about the Axis cams. I believe we have a few at work, but I can't really get close enough to tell. Besides, that might look a little suspicious if I was monkeying with the security cams :P

#8 kathiny

kathiny

• 1 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:53 AM

Almost all ip network cameras have night vision features that allow for dual-mode viewing.

1. Users have the ability to communicate with the image that they are seeing through a two way audio system and external microphones and speakers.

2. Network cameras have the capability to operate on a wireless network or through wired connections.

3. The cameras normally stream video at at least 640 x 480 resolutions, and reach up to megapixel HD resolutions.

4. Most network cameras have the ability to record at 30FPS or higher..

I am using 3 of Gigaeye. Cost about $50 each.Tow of the cameras have pan and tilt.The Net eye camera APP works great on my android phone.Here is the camera on amazon: http://www.amazon.co...:aps,k:gigaeye

Edited by kathiny, 13 November 2013 - 01:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users