• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Brian

Brian

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 5,128 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 01:32 PM

To avoid any concerns over 25nm NAND, several SSD manufacturers are trying to get out ahead of their impending SSD releases with consumer updates on their implementation of 25nm NAND. Micron has updated us with details surrounding their new SATA 6Gb/s C400 SSD, and the consumer equivalent Crucial m4 SSD.

Full Story

Brian

Publisher- StorageReview.com
Twitter - @StorageReview

#2 contractcooker

contractcooker

• 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 03:04 PM

To avoid any concerns over 25nm NAND, several SSD manufacturers are trying to get out ahead of their impending SSD releases with consumer updates on their implementation of 25nm NAND. Micron has updated us with details surrounding their new SATA 6Gb/s C400 SSD, and the consumer equivalent Crucial m4 SSD.

Full Story

When are they coming out? Seems like they keep getting delayed over and over again.

#3 TSullivan

TSullivan

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 688 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 04:15 PM

The word on the street is soon. Given all the SandForce, Intel, and Crucial/Micron news of late... I would have to say weeks/month away around the same period as last years launches.

#4 Brian

Brian

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 5,128 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 08:28 PM

When are they coming out? Seems like they keep getting delayed over and over again.

What are you talking about? From our Storage Visions 2011 coverage:

The C400 series is sampling now; mass production is expected to begin in February. Crucial, a division of Micron, will be selling the drives as the Crucial m4 SSD series; they are expected to be available at crucial.com in Q1 2011.

How can you say they've been delayed over and over again?

Brian

Twitter - @StorageReview

#5 snakyjake

snakyjake

• 1 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:02 PM

Any guesses on price range?

#6 Brian

Brian

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 5,128 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 03:14 PM

We don't have suggested retail pricing yet, but I've asked about it. I'll report back...

Brian

Twitter - @StorageReview

#7 Brian

Brian

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 5,128 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 03:32 PM

Okay, so just confirmed, the pricing won't be released until the formal availability press release in March.

Brian

Twitter - @StorageReview

#8 contractcooker

contractcooker

• 2 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:50 PM

Okay, so just confirmed, the pricing won't be released until the formal availability press release in March.

Do you know when the press release is scheduled for? CeBit next week maybe?

#9 Brian

Brian

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 5,128 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:08 PM

I don't think CeBit...probably middle of the month is what it looks like.

Brian

Twitter - @StorageReview

#10 Sunfox

Sunfox

• 30 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:35 AM

Dang it - I'm trying to build my new computer *now* and I wanted a big SSD... Crucial M4 512gb or Intel 320 600gb. Looks like neither are going to be available to me for at least 30-45 days (realistically).

So how's that Plextor M2 shaping up? If waiting isn't going to work out, I need the best ~256gb available *now* and it seems like a toss-up between the M2 and the (hopefully available in 5 days?) Intel 510...

#11 Brian

Brian

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 5,128 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:22 AM

We have a call today hopefully to discuss that M2 - we are seeing a few oddities that we want to understand better. We'll start a new thread in the SSD forum on the M2 once we have a little more clarity.

Brian

Twitter - @StorageReview

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users