SATA AHCI drivers for WD 3TB drive

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MediArchive

MediArchive

• 27 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:54 PM

I'm running a couple Windows 7 64-bit systems here and would like to play with the new WD 3 TB green power drive. I know the Intel ICH10R drivers aren't updated yet. Does anyone know about the Marvell 9128 drivers? I have it onboard on my ASUS Rampage. Couldn't find anything definitive. Would prefer not to use the add in card.

#2 Brian

Brian

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 4,744 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:48 AM

Your BIOS has to be compatible too...and unless your board is claiming UEFI compliance, it's the HBA for you my friend.

Brian

Publisher- StorageReview.com
Twitter - @StorageReview

#3 qasdfdsaq

qasdfdsaq

• Mod
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:02 PM

I thought the WD 3TB drive came with an HBA as standard...

#4 Brian

Brian

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 4,744 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:36 PM

It does, I think he was just saying that he'd prefer not to use it for whatever reason...which is understandable. If you can get around it, by all means...just most can't work around the card just yet.

Brian

Publisher- StorageReview.com
Twitter - @StorageReview

#5 qasdfdsaq

qasdfdsaq

• Mod
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:05 PM

Y'know someone should send me a 3TB drive already so I can figure out if all these compatibility problems are really legit or if you're all just doing it wrong :P

#6 MediArchive

MediArchive

• 27 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:14 PM

I don't want to use it as a boot drive so the BIOS doesn't come into play. Just a secondary storage drive without the adapter. The onboard Intel sata controller drivers don't handle 64-bit addressing yet. My question was do the Marvell drivers?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users