• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Thorbardin

Thorbardin

• 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 03:01 AM

Hi,

I am new here...
I would like to ask help from the community if anyone has any idea on where I can find a test chamber that will test a PCIe SSD. I understand Flexstar Corp is one of the pioneer for having a test chamber on ODD, HDD, and SSD (either 2.5FF or 3.5FF) but I think they don;t have a PCIe SSD test chmaber.

Thank you.

#2 Quindor

Quindor

• 111 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 06:08 AM

Hi,

I am new here...
I would like to ask help from the community if anyone has any idea on where I can find a test chamber that will test a PCIe SSD. I understand Flexstar Corp is one of the pioneer for having a test chamber on ODD, HDD, and SSD (either 2.5FF or 3.5FF) but I think they don;t have a PCIe SSD test chmaber.

Thank you.

... I'm a bit at a loss here. What is a "test chamber" and what tests does it preform? See how the SSD holds up during extreme temperatures, etc.?? Heat should be faily easily to simulate yourself for instance.

Please elaborate.
The armor is that bulky because of all the storage that is in it!

#3 Thorbardin

Thorbardin

• 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 02:29 AM

... I'm a bit at a loss here. What is a "test chamber" and what tests does it preform? See how the SSD holds up during extreme temperatures, etc.?? Heat should be faily easily to simulate yourself for instance.

Please elaborate.

A test chamber is an environmental chamber wherein you can program it to have temperatures from -45C to 90C or depending on your profile while running a test on your PCIe SSD hardware. If you have visited Flexstar Corp website (http://www.flexstar.com), they have a chamber that can test SSD (either 2.5FF or 3.5FF). The test chamber has a temperature, humidity control and a small board computer- this is were you hook the SSD and do a test like read/write/verify test while you change the temperature.

I am looking for a test chamber similar to what Flexstar are selling but Flexstar doesn;t have a system that will test PCIe SSD.

Hope this clarifies things.
Thanks.

#4 continuum

continuum

Mod

• Mod
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 02:41 AM

Not sure you will find quite such a beast, as PCI-e vs. SATA are distinctly and hugely different test markets... not to mention lengthening the PCI-e bus is far, far more tricky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users