Photo

Disabling Cache In Nero 6

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shoemakc

shoemakc

Posted 31 March 2004 - 12:10 AM

Doe anyone know how to disable the caching of network files to local disc in Nero 6? There's an option to disable caching of files dragged over from the cdrom, but that's all I can find. My issue is that I'm burning 700MB files that are stored on the network and it takes longer to do a burn because it has to copy the file over before it starts writing, rather then streaming it.

Any Ideas?

-Chris

#2 blakerwry

blakerwry

Posted 31 March 2004 - 12:57 AM

i noticed this too, nero 5.5 is all around a better product if you're just doing CD burning.

just looking at nero I see when im creating a new compilation, on the misc tab is an option to "cache files from disk and network"... i can untick the box if wanted... I havent created a CD over the network since reinstalling Nero 6.. but hey, you can give it a shot.
Posted Image

#3 Sivar

Sivar

• 3,465 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 03:06 AM

(I agree about Nero 6. B-L-O-A-T ware)

You might try mounting your network share as a drive, and running Nero's drive speed test. I have not tried this myself and doubt that it will work, but the option seems to have been removed from Nero 6. I'd bet it still exists in the code, but that is a LOT of binary junk to look through.
"No matter how far you've gone down the wrong road, TURN BACK."

#4 FTC

FTC

• 138 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 03:08 AM

Hi,

Look under 'Misc' tab in the book that opens when you press 'Burn'. There is an opption to select whether you want to cache network files. Have not played with it though...

Regards
FTC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users